As a woodworker, if you need to demonstrate your
Types of wood routers
Basically, two types of wood routers are in trend now.
- Fixed-base wood routers.
- Plunge wood routers.
Both the types have different features and used for different purposes. Comparatively, Fixed-base wood routers are the older than the plunge router. The fixed-base routers come up with a motor, base, comfortable handles and sometimes with other features. They are particularly targeted for working at the edges and grooves, rabbet joints, etc. Ion the wooden surface. The basic difference with the plunge routers lies at its stationary base. These tools are not suitable for working in the middle of a wooden platform, instead best for the edges.
If you’re a beginner, fixed-base routers should be your first choice, as it is safer, more
The plunge routers can do everything that a fixed-base routers can and even more. Leaving all the drawbacks of the fixed one behind, the plunge routers come up with some unique and added features. Unlike the stationary base, the plunge one has a spring-loaded base which is designed to navigate at any part of the wooden platform whether in the middle or at the edges. The main advantage of the tool is you can change the depth of the cut while the working is going on. You don’t need to shut off the machine for fixing the depth. It is the perfect tool to give your imagination a beautiful and ultimate shapes. Pick anyone that meets your requirement.
Importance of having a wood router
Jeremy Broun in his book ‘The Incredible Router’ defines the routers as the most versatile tool around the world. Whether you want to shape the edges or making doorknobs or grooves, every woodworking projects can be done with the routers. Moreover, there are several other factors that decide why you should have a wood router in your collection.
- Saves time : Working on the wooden platform is not an easy task. It demands hard work along with time. Carving beautiful design on the surface of the wood or making grooves or doorknobs with a manual tool is a very time consuming job. But the same task can be done with ease using a router. This will not only save your time, but will be beneficial for your business as well, as you will be able to accomplish more work within a short period of time.
- Safe: Working with a router is undoubtedly safer than working with any other hand tools, such as chisels, coping saw, marking knife, etc. While dealing with these tools you need to remain alert and fail to pay enough attention to the work but with a wood router, there is nothing to be worried about.
- Smooth Design: When you are using a wood router for making a design instead of any hand tools, the designs will be more accurate, lively and smooth than the manually created one.
- Expand business: When a wood router will be the part of your workshop, it will have a noticeable impact on your business How? Within a short time your workshop will deliver more higher quality products than before, which will have positive effects on your business too.
- Cleanliness : Working with the woods always creates dust and mess up the surroundings, but wood routers with dust ports will surely help you in this case. Along with saving your place from dust, it will be a best option for your health also. Especially, people with dust allergy should always go with it for keeping themselves healthy.
Both, fixed-base and plunge wood routers, are the great companions of your workshop. Whether you are an amateur or a professional woodworker, these wood routers will help in producing excellent